Medical image viewer/editor
This project involved the porting of an existing medical imaging package from MacOS to Windows. It was critical that this be accomplished without impairing or delaying the ongoing development of the customerís existing products, so they contracted with Corvus to provide the expertise and bandwidth to make that possible.
Main challenges of the Galen for Windows project:
- Leverage the existing Macintosh C++ source code base.
- Do this by maximizing the use of platform-independent code.
- Partition programming responsibilities to enhance efficiency (responsibility for strategic image-processing and manipulation technologies should remain with the customer's development staff; Corvus should address Windows-specific issues).
- Develop the software in such a manner that it is able to track ongoing development in the customer's existing Mac-based product.
These constraints naturally lead us to working in close collaboration with the customer's in-house software development staff on this project. Tasks handled by Corvus for this project included:
- Overall application framework
- Basic image display technology
- Custom controls
- JPEG decompression library
- IPC (inter-process communication)
- Consultation on complex Windows and MFC issues